Thanks for swinging by. My site is purely to share the stoke on kayaking and living. I hope that it inspires you to plan an adventure, get out, and explore some great places. Kayaking is an amazing tool to take you to places where you can only get by heading down river.
Name: Ross Herr
Hometown: Gypsum, Colorado USA
Favorite River: Colorado River
Started: My Dad gave me my first intro to kayaking and pushed me when I was obviously scared because he knew I could do it.
Favorite Quote: “You can never step into the same river; for new waters are always flowing on to you.” Heraclitus
Future Goals: As an ACA instructor I want to continue to grow the sport through qualified instruction. I love teaching people to kayak and feel it is essential that mainstream people learn more about kayaking in order for the sport to grow. In addition, I have the competition bug, and plan to compete in steep creek and freestyle events around.
In the Media:
• 10th Teva Mtn Games Down River Sprint 2011
• 11th Homestake Steep Creek Championships 2011
• 2nd Gore Canyon Race (under 10ft) 2008
• Men’s Health Adventure Guide kayaking
• Teva Mountain Games 8 ball finals
• New York Times kayak instruction